Keep

Truckin'

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Biting And Two's

Just the other day Hubby and I were looking up information on the net about disciplining toddlers. Having tried the time-outs and the counting to three's, we felt like we were all out of ideas. One article mentioned a serial biter (a toddler of course) who bit when he was sad, happy and excited! Imagine? I love you... ouch! I laughed (even though biting is far from funny) because Bulldozer is not a biter and parents of a non-biter may find these stories funny... well until their kid bites.

So today while out Bulldozer decided to take a chomp out of his little brother's arm. For what reason? I'm not quite sure. Standing humiliated in the dollar store I had to discipline my two year old in front of all those staring eyes. It's during times like these that I am unsure of what to do and how to act. Where's the line between being too strict or too liberal? How to let your little one know that what he or she did is unacceptable but not to allow them to doubt your love for them? These are the questions.

No comments: