Keep

Truckin'

Thursday, August 12, 2010

Five Reasons

Stuff I love about our new neighbourhood:

1. Upon meeting a local (living here for ten years) walking his dogs, I chatted about having moved here from our previous neighbourhood. He knew this place and when I described our new hood' as having "more character" (commenting on the type of housing)... he said, drum roll, "Ya you could say that"! Hmmm... what's that supposed to mean?

2. Our downstairs neighbours leave their car doors unlocked and the windows down too! Where else in Montreal can you do that without having to move into the boonies? Oh wait, even here you're not supposed to leave the car doors unlocked! News flash... people steal cars.

3. On the day that we moved in a friend came bounding into the house declaring, "I just saw a man in pantyhose walking down the street!" Interesting.

4. The best part of living in this area is trying to convince taxi drivers that you don't live on the two cities (sorry excuse me, I mean boroughs) that border the three streets that are your hometown! Yes the pointless map boundaries that declare three lone streets neither one city nor the next.

5. And my number five reason for loving our new place: because it's the friendliest, most down-to-earth, best neighbourhood ever!

No comments: