Keep

Truckin'

Thursday, August 26, 2010

Chores Of The Past

In my grandmother's day women would have a specific day that they completed a certain task. Wednesdays were wash days, Thursdays ironing and Fridays were spent baking... so on and so forth. I love to hear the stories of my grandmother watching the old soap operas while she ironed the week's clothing. Oh, how so much has changed! Now most Moms work and housework is limited to the weekday nights and week-ends, along with family time, etc... I think even finding a woman who regularly irons her family's clothes is becoming scarce and quite honestly, I don't blame them! So with all that talk about housework I am going to spend the rest of my day sweeping, washing dishes, tidying and doing laundry. The laundry just never ends! We went camping last week-end so we have a huge accumulation of dirty sleeping bags and muddy pants. I'm going to salute the women of the past and make my grandmother proud! Wish me luck.

No comments: