Keep

Truckin'

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Food Sacrifices

Less than two weeks to go before we move, I am so excited! I'm not excited about the actual moving/unpacking process but I am really happy about the new apartment itself and starting over in a non-rodent infested house! (Although on the topic of rodents, I haven't actually seen one in awhile... fingers crossed for the new tenants.) Hubby spent the day packing up some of the pantry food that we don't need for the next two weeks and it was pretty gross! We have some little black bugs that have gotten into some of our food, I mean on top of our ant infestation! They're these tiny black, hard-shelled beetle-like bugs that apparently are very fond of flour. We threw out about 4KG of whole wheat bread flour because the bugs were more numerous than the actual grains of flour, barf! During our stay here, which has been just over a year, we've probably had to throw out about $150 worth of food from ants and now these mysterious black bugs. Please no bugs in our new home. Please.

I spent the afternoon scrubbing the fabric of our stroller until it looked ALMOST new. Not quite brand new but a whole lot better than it was before. It's absolutely amazing what "Magic" soap can do! Sometime I will tell you the Carbolic Soap Company Story but I'll save it for another day!

1 comment:

CountryMouse said...

Mothers should be privileged to hear that kind of information...