Keep

Truckin'

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Happy Anniversary!

HAPPY THREE YEAR ANNIVERSARY TO US! :) Hubby and I were getting ready for the wedding at this exact time three years ago. I had woken up at the ungodly hour of five in the morning or so to make it to the hairdresser's by six-thirty with my bride's maids. After finding a restaurant that would serve breakfast that early, we spent many hours at the salon getting our hair, make-up and nails done. I remember so clearly that I didn't feel that anything was different about that day until I was sitting in the chair and the hairdresser was pinning my veil into my up do. All of a sudden I had an overwhelming gush of emotions and I realized that in a few hours I would be marrying the man of my dreams!

We got to the Church fashionably late and surprisingly I wasn't nervous at all. I felt like I knew from the moment I met Scott that if we decided to date he would be the last guy I ever dated. Walking down the aisle I couldn't stop thinking about how I made the perfect decision and I had so much to look forward to. Hubby on the other hand was shaking like a leaf! :) Only half of what the minister said actually registered, I was completely absorbed in the moment. We said "I Do", we kissed, we smiled for photos, we ate, we danced, we celebrated! The day itself was somewhat of a blur but it didn't particularly matter because the important thing was that we were now married and ready to start our lives together.

Three years later I look back at our photo albums of wedding pictures and little bits and pieces come back to me. I remember dancing with my new husband, looking into his eyes and seeing our future together. I remember singing "You Can't Always Get What You Want!" in the limo on the way to take our pictures at the park. Little things that will always mean the world to me.

I love you Husband of mine. Happy three wonderful, glorious years together and here's to many, many more!

2 comments:

CountryMouse said...

And many, many more wonderful years together!

Susan said...

It was a beautiful wedding. I don't think I ever had so much fun. The best part was getting a daughter-in-law that I love with all my heart.