Keep

Truckin'

Friday, May 7, 2010

No Mouse In The House?

Our landlord has continually denied to us that he has mice in his apartment. My logic is that if mice are running free in our home and our neighbour downstairs has them (they live right next to our landlord), then realistically he must have them too! Apparently he told said downstairs neighbour that he's been hearing "weird sounds in the walls" but doesn't know what they are. Said neighbour explained that yes indeed, those were the sounds of little feet running in his walls. HA! Seriously? How can you mistake the sound of scurrying mice for anything but mice, or rodents anyways? Still he holds fast that he does not have mice in his place, maybe he thinks that if he admits that it wasn't us that "brought them in", then he'll have to assume some responsibility. I really don't know and can't pretend to understand what goes on in his head.

Hubby calls me over to our backdoor to announce that one of the neighbourhood felines is playing with a mouse in our garden. Gross. I look down and sure enough, Mr. Grey Cat With Beautiful Green Eyes is hitting the mouse around like a hacky sack. We watch him play with his prey until he disappears out of sight and I ask Hubby, "Wouldn't it be funny if he left the mouse at our door as a present?" I wasn't too far off. Our friend the cat that often cap naps on our balcony and rummages through our garbage, so nicely left the mouse remains on the very bottom of the fire escape stairs, coincidentally next to our landlord's door! Hmm... is there any doubt in one's mind that the mice exist? The exterminator told us that the mice would leave our home and start making their way outdoors and apparently that's exactly what's happening! I couldn't help myself, I called our landlord and left a message about the nice puddy cat and his present downstairs. That made my day.

1 comment:

CountryMouse said...

Nice, nice puddy tat! And sweet revenge!