Keep

Truckin'

Sunday, May 9, 2010

Scurrying Feet and Little Sleep

So I woke up to a three beautiful tulips (from our garden) lying on the pillow beside me and a home-made card from the boys. Hubby then left with the brood to go pick up stuff from the store, I'm still in the dark about what those said things are but I'm looking forward to Mother's Day with two kids. My day was off to a great start...

Unlike last night! Hubby went to bed at about 10:30 or so and I decided to keep the bedside lamp on so I could read a bit. At one point I hear scurrying on Hubby's side of the bed and I felt my heart drop. I really thought that the mice had gone because I hadn't heard any sounds or seen a single mouse. No such luck. At the same time I heard the scurrying at one end of the room, a saw a flash of dark brown streak by, just a few feet from my side of the bed. WHACK! "Wake up! There's a mouse over there, there's a mouse, a mouse..." Hubby jumps out of the bed to humour me. The mouse runs the other way. "IT'S THERE NOW", I scream! "Where?" ... "There!" How am I supposed to verbalize my absolute horror when there's vermin running rampant in my bedroom of all places? Needless to say the little buggers ran back and forth for awhile before they went into hiding and surprise of all surprises, Hubby never actually saw them! I stayed up till two in the morning listening to the pitter patter of little feet.

I asked the Husband to check the mouse traps in our room this morning and behold! Two mice had been snapped to death (sorry I sound heartless, I feel quite heartless towards the rodents) and I would be happy except that I'm still hearing scurrying in our room and in the kitchen, under the fridge. When are they going to pack up and move on? Apparently not too soon if we keep killing them!

No comments: