Keep

Truckin'

Friday, May 14, 2010

A Night Out

Last night was an amazing night. Hubby and I went out for our third year wedding anniversary. We dined (ooh that sounds so sophisticated!) at a fondue place in the Plateau called "Fondue & Plus". We had cheese and bread fondue to start. Then for the main course we had lamb, beef, pork, scallops and shrimps (all cooked in a green peppercorn and white wine broth), as well as roasted potatoes. DELICIOUS! For dessert I had a chocolate fondue and Hubby opted for a flavoured coffee. We picked up a wonderful bottle of white wine to enjoy with dinner, thanks to a certain Miss Chibougamau! Afterwards we took a leisurely walk,. During the walk I totally and utterly fell in love with the Plateau, such a captivating part of town with its' cute stores and gorgeous old buildings. It reminded me of a mixture of one of my favorite parts of the city, NDG and a little bit of downtown Montreal thrown in for good measure. We settled on seeing "Date Night" with Tina Fey and Steve Carell and it was one of the funniest movies I've seen in a long time! At about midnight we left downtown and finally collapsed into bed around one in the morning. We were exhausted, I think that means we're getting old! What happened to partying until the wee hours of the morning? I guess that all went out the window when kids started disturbing out sleep!

... All in all it was a magical night.

1 comment:

CountryMouse said...

It does sound like the perfect evening out...