Keep

Truckin'

Sunday, May 2, 2010

It's War!



Hubby and I are standing in our kitchen yesterday morning and out of the corner of my eye I see this flash of brown streak out from behind the fridge. "MOUSE!" I yell. Hubby says that he doesn't see anything and we wait, very quietly to see what will happen. Sure enough Speedy Gonzales shoots out from under the stove (where he found refuge) and skittered behind our garbage can. I've never jumped so quickly up onto a high surface before, which just happened to be the kitchen sink! I'm screaming, the Husband's running around trying to find where the mouse has gone and Bulldozer is looking at us all like we've lost our marbles! Needless to say we find ourselves on our landlord's answering machine asking him to "call us back immediately!" Later that day he calls back and we voice our "concerns" and then tell him that enough is enough, it's time to do something about the problem. Right after Hubby hangs up the phone I call landlord number two (otherwise known as landlord's brother) to complain and get the, guess what? Yup, the answering machine! With requests to call us back I am left feeling like we're not getting an awful lot of help for a problem that's been going on for six months now! TOO LONG.




This morning Hubby and I are sitting at the kitchen table when he casually mentions that maybe we should address the mouse problem again... "Okay but we called yesterday, do you really want to call again this morning?", I reason. He answers in a calm voice, "I just saw the mouse run under the fridge again!" WHAT?!? Up onto the kitchen chair. You got to be kidding me, if there's a mouse say so... AND NOT SO CASUALLY! I proceed to go onto the net and research house mice and children. I find all sort of unpleasant diseases/allergies that I include in a very detailed e-mail to both landlords to inform them that we have had ENOUGH. Six months is too long. Waiting for neighbours to help chip in so everyone gets an exterminator is suspiciously taking a very long time as well. Mice running across my kitchen is not acceptable. Mice clawing in the walls of my bedroom does not add to the ambiance. I want them out. It's war.




P.S. I didn't add that the mouse we saw in the kitchen this morning was chased around by my Husband and a plastic container for twenty minutes but to no success. The mouse got away but I have a distinct feeling that my Husband actually had fun! At least some one's enjoying it!

No comments: