Keep

Truckin'

Thursday, June 17, 2010

Everything seems to be coming together for the big moving day. I am happy and very much relieved. We have transportation ... we have manpower ... we have a baby sitter. All the important areas have been covered. I can only hope (although I may be pushing my luck) that the day will be sunny (or overcast, just not raining) and not overly hot. I plan to park my butt at the new house and spend the day directing traffic, cleaning up and unpacking. It's going to be quite the day!

My only worry about the move pertains to Bulldozer. The last time we moved he would cry whenever he saw a box because he thought we were going to pack away his toys, etc... Now he's a little older and I can't help but wonder if that's a blessing or a curse. He's also a little more verbal so he might actually be able to tell us what he thinks! I told him about two weeks ago that Mommy, Daddy, Bulldozer and the Wee Little One were going to be moving to a new house. He keeps saying "yup!" So much enthusiasm but I'm afraid he really doesn't know what moving means. No more seeing his old house or sleeping in the bedroom that he's been in for the last year or so. Not the same buses or stores or even neighbours. I can only hope that he transitions well. We're not the only parents who have decided to uproot their children and move to another house! So here's suggestion time, what can I do to make the move a little less traumatizing for him? I appreciate the comments!

1 comment:

CountryMouse said...

This worked for me--we moved quite a lot when you were young--let him help set up his new room (as much as a two-year-old can!) and try to recreate the old one as much as possible so that it doesn't look so different.