Keep

Truckin'

Sunday, June 20, 2010

Happy Day Daddy

So I let Hubby sleep in till, get this, 7:00AM! Normally he's up at five with the boys but I wanted to let him to get a little extra sleep specifically for Father's Day. Unfortunately for him a guy is coming to buy our washer and dryer so I had to get him up so we could eat before he got here! I made him an egg, toast and fruit breakfast and then he opened his cards. Bulldozer got him a card with a monkey on it and it sings "Born To Be Wild", it's so cute! I caved and gave him his Father's Day gifts yesterday because I was excited! Sometimes I'm like a big kid. We got him a Slash cd, a pocket knife and the pins to blow up basketballs. What "manly" gifts!

So I was reflecting on why I think that my Hubby is the best Dad ever and this is what I came up with. He's giving, he gives so much of himself to our family I couldn't ask for more of him. He's caring; he's a mushy ball of fluffiness (not really possible but you get the point!). He's reliable. This is an important one for me. When he says he's going to do something or be somewhere, he is. That's important to kids. He's honest. He tells me how he feels. He's loves to play and joke around with the kids. Bulldozer idolizes Daddy. He's a strong rock that's super supportive but he knows when to say "enough is enough". I love you Hubby. Happy second Father's Day!

No comments: