Keep

Truckin'

Sunday, June 6, 2010

The Terrible Two's

Maybe someone would like to enlighten me about ALL the horrors of the terrible twos! So far it has involved:

1. Screeching on top of his lungs when we say no, when he's frustrated, when he's excited, etc...
2. After months and months of being really gentle with his brother, now he's decided to turn on him. The other day I walked in to find him in the process of trying to stand on his little brother!
3. Throwing food. I don't even know what to say about this one. Tonight's beans got tossed clear across the table.
4. Squishing food. One hand - bean - other hand, sssssssqqqqqqqquuuuuuiiiiiiiissssssshhhhhhhh.
5. Refusing to eat food. One day he'll eat more than the Hubby and the next day he'll eat one whole piece of meat and announce "ALL DONE!"
6. Throwing toys at anyone and everyone. Tonight the target was his "Nanny" and his "Buppa" - sorry about that again.
7. Total meltdowns pretty much all the time (my favorite of all the "wonderful" actions of a two-year-old)
8. Insisting that he must do EVERYTHING even if he's too little or too tired or just not able to. If he can't do that said thing or we say no than he tends to complete #7
9. Putting him to bed and watching him come out over and over to try to get out of going to bed.
10. Waking up in the middle of the night - he didn't even do this when he was a baby!
11. Whining. For a toy, for "iced tea", for a family member, for food, to get down from his chair at the dinner table and the list goes on.
12. Repeating "Mommy, Mommy, Mommy, Mommy, Mommy" until I stop what I'm doing or saying to pay attention to him. Do I detect a little Stewie in him?
13. Throwing fits while I'm on the phone, even if it's only for a minute, to get my attention.
14. Insisting he's full until the dessert comes out.
15. Purposely waking up his little brother from his slumber. Grrr...

Anyone want to add anything?

1 comment:

CountryMouse said...

If I could add to your list I would, but of course you were the perfect toddler!!!! lol