Keep

Truckin'

Monday, April 12, 2010

The Definition of a Mac Mommy?!?

Bulldozer is often accused of being a little bit of a flirt! His baby curls (which we've now hacked off into a homemade faux-hawk!) and those blue, blue eyes get him into a lot of trouble. I suppose all parents think their kids are absolutely the cutest beings on earth but I'm telling you he's got an unusual knack with the ladies. Let me share a few stories from the past two years:

My husband's best friend was getting married in Cuba. Our big guy was a year old (the wee little one wasn't born yet) so all three of us boarded an aircraft at Dorval and traveled for about three and a half hours to reach heat central. We had a great time! One night we're coming back to our hotel room and we run into a string of girls going to the disco.. He looks up at them, smiles, throws his hat on the floor right in front of their feet and makes a clicking noise with his tongue! Looks of utter amazement come across the girl's faces and they make some comment about how he's flirting! Hubby and I still laugh about it!

Another time my Dad takes him to the park to play. A blond haired woman is sitting on a bench enjoying her lunch hour. Bulldozer spots her, toddles over and climbs right up onto her lap! So much for teaching your kids about strangers, huh?

I can't even tell you how many times I've seen this kid "mac" on women, he tends to favour the twenty-somethings. However yesterday we went to the mall to pick up some groceries and he meets a little girl in her stroller. I smile at the girl because I think she's cute with her hat tied under her chin and that toothy grin she had. She totally disregards my smile, looks across at our son, smiles cutely and blows him a kiss! He doesn't see her outward display of affection so I tell him to look at the little girl. Again she smiles and blows him a huge kiss. I realize that our child isn't the only kid on the block that's just trying to find his soul mate, this teeny tiny girl was just as much of a "Mac Mommy" as ours was a "Mac Daddy"!

No comments: