Keep

Truckin'

Monday, April 26, 2010

"The Hidden House"

Every night I read Bulldozer his bedtime stories and I thought I'd share some of my favorite ones with you. This particular one was given to me by Miss Chibougamau and it's called "The Hidden House" (by Martin Waddell and Angela Barrett). It's so refreshing to read a children's book that's not only written so well but the pictures are art that's worthy of telling a story on their own. The words themselves are simply written but I love the extravagant names of the wooden dolls in the story; Maisie, Ralph and Winnaker. Names with pizazz. I actually felt myself feeling sad for the dolls and their experience with the hidden house and recommend the book to pretty much anyone, my two-year-old loves it but I'm sure any adult can appreciate the majestic feel to this story.

No comments: