Keep

Truckin'

Saturday, April 10, 2010

A Night of Fluff

More than anything I had a craving to watch a chick flick last night. You may confirm with my husband but I am not really a huge chick flick sort of girl... yes, I do like to cry in movies but I tend to be more attracted to the drama genre. Watching a whole movie is definitely a treat, as many Moms know, and I was looking forward to cuddling up to the Hubby to see ... get this, "Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants"! Scott was not particularly crazy about my choice of movies (thank you kids' section of our local library for lending it to me for free!) but I convinced him by arguing that I didn't ask him to watch chick flicks with me very often. Out came the "but we never watch any of my first pick movies!" ... TRUE. Then came my rebuttal, "but I'm not asking for you to watch a whole bunch of chick flicks (well except this one, minor detail my dear), I compromise by watching comedies and dramas!" Okay so what other main categories are there in movies anyways? Chick flicks that neither of us really want to watch. Action flicks that the Hubby likes and I don't particularly care for... and then drama/comedies that we usually settle on! I'm starting to realize that the balance is a little uneven in the whole regime of movie picking. Ssshhh.

So we watched Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants and surprise of all surprises, guess who liked it? Uh huh, you got it! A certain somebody was sitting there with tears in his eyes. His argument? "But the girl dies!" (Sorry for those of you who haven't seen the movie!) But Hubby, you cried at multiple parts and not just the very heart wrenching scene where the girl dies. "Well the whole part of the story that is set in Greece makes the movie a lot better." Sure. So you've cried in multiple parts of the movie and the scenes from Greece are interesting (and I saw you all to interested in the girl who plays soccer!!!) but the movie wasn't all that great?!? Stick to your story my dear and I'll stick to mine...

LAST NIGHT I SAW A MOVIE WITH A CERTAIN SPECIAL SOMEONE AND WE BOTH REALLY LIKED IT!

So we ended our night with a chat about life, yes we do still have stuff to talk about despite being home together for the last month and a half! It reminded me why I married the man in the first place!!! He's my best friend and I can talk to him about anything! Whether I'm pissed and need to vent or we're celebrating the extra $50 we made ($50 goes a long way in this household!), oh husband of mine is always there. We've weathered some pretty hard times together. From financial problems to medical issues, I've never known someone so committed. Hubby if you're reading this, I just wanted to tell you that I really appreciate you. Okay so barf people! Looking forward to celebrating our third wedding anniversary together soon, it's been a good three years.

Then it was off to bed. Staying up till one in the morning is rare for me and so very difficult. Good night.

2 comments:

CountryMouse said...

Better hope Scott is not reading this or he'll get such a swelled head that he won't fit through the door anymore...

SnortyBurrito said...

Too late for that! LOL