Keep

Truckin'

Sunday, April 11, 2010

Now There's a Point When...

So what are these supposed signs of being ready to potty train? Being able to tell that they're wet ... check! Being able to use the lingo to say that they've just had a bowel movement ... check! (Please refer to "No PeePee" post.) Oh yes, yesterday we've added "Poo poo" to his vocabulary too! Being able to take off one's nappy, check! Able to undress, check! Now I have a whole new category to add to that classic list of signs, here it goes:

BEING ABLE TO CHANGE YOUR OWN DIAPER!

Seriously. I walk into the nursery the other day and my Husband is on diaper duty. I'm watching him change Bulldozer's diaper when my son says "I DO!" This is his coin term, he says it on a VERY regular basis! I watch in amazement as my son changes his own diaper! He removes the Velcro closures, throws the diaper to the side, wipes his own penis, lifts his bum up to receive the clean diaper and then helps to close the new Velcro tabs! Too much really. I would consider this to be yet another sign that potty training should be in the making!

No comments: