Keep

Truckin'

Thursday, April 15, 2010

Pooze Pooze

In our family poo isn't called poo or even poop, we call is "pooze pooze". Don't ask me where it started, probably as a slip of the tongue and then it morphed into another one of those words that only parents would dare to use! Imagine meeting another adult in a public place who suddenly declares "Excuse me I must go pooze pooze, I'll be right back"! That's what I love about kids though. There isn't that filter that stops them from saying what they really think. Okay, yes I know it can be awfully embarrassing when they let that little tidbit of information you didn't want anyone to know slip from their mouths. "My Daddy says that Auntie-so-and-so got a boob job!" Or maybe, "My Mommy does something called waxing to her face cause' she's got a lot of hair!" They don't mean to hurt or embarrass the ones they are talking about, they just haven't learned that some things are better left unsaid!

I have come to really appreciate this non caring attitude in our toddler. I take it in stride when he runs up to one of our friends, leans over to place his bum on their leg and makes a farting sound with his mouth! (I then realize that maybe it wasn't the best trick to teach him - it was just meant to be an inside joke with his Dad!) Perhaps it isn't even the most polite thing he could be doing but I figure he's only young once! Before you know it he'll be worried about what the kids in kindergarten think of his clothes or whether the little girl in his grade one class likes him or not. He'll be continually taught not to speak out of turn or laugh when someone falls on the ice (both good lessons, although the latter is actually pretty funny!). There is a whole lot of time for him to learn to be serious and to think before he speaks. That or he'll grow up being one of those guys who think it's funny to make farting sounds with their armpits! In the meantime I dream about putting a whoopy cushion under his butt for the first time and watching his body shake from gales of laughter!

No comments: