Keep

Truckin'

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

My Oh My!

I'm watching a re-run of "17 Kids and Counting" on TLC (isn't it like "19 Kids and Counting" now?) and thanking the higher beings that I only have two children in my care! I went on the website for the show and watched a video of dinner in a house of twenty-one people! I'm not quite sure if I feel guilty for thinking that it's hard feeding a family of four or that you have to be totally insane to have THAT many children! I've been to restaurants that have less paying customers than the amount of people that sit at their table! I couldn't even count how many lasagnas they were using and I cringe when I think of buying fresh fruits and vegetables for all of those people! It's a very different lifestyle than most of us are used to. There is a reason why they have their own show!

As Hubby and I discuss babies on a fairly regular basis, I think about how three children would change our family dynamics. There would be a middle kid. We would have more children than parents, thus meaning that at least one of us would have to split our attention between two children. More laundry (oh how I'm starting to detest laundry), more cleaning, more nappies (Bulldozer will be out of nappies by that time ... right?) and more chaos (imagine three little ones vying for Mommy and Daddy's attention and affection!) All of a sudden grandparents would stop offering to babysit because it would become less like a fun sleepover and more like a small home daycare!

Would this prevent us from having more babies? Nope, not likely. However if we reach the point where our family of four is growing in numbers upwards to 17 please pray for my sanity and support us in our endeavour to find a TV show!

No comments: