Keep

Truckin'

Monday, April 19, 2010

"These Are A Few Of My Favorite Things..."

"These are a few of my favorite things. When the dog bites, when the bee stings, when I'm feeling sad, I simply think of a few of my favorite things and then I don't feel so bad." The soundtrack from the Sound of Music is playing in my head! I'd like to share some of my favorite things (in relation to the kids/family):

1. I was out all day and Hubby was home with the kids. A few minutes before I returned home he told Bulldozer that I'd be there soon and he took off running to his room. He pulled out a shirt from his drawers and started trying to put it on his legs! If only everyone in the world cared enough to dress up for you!

2. Bulldozer is way too hyper to sit still for more than a few minutes at a time but at night I have a special time that I get to share just with him. He brings me books (always one more than I've actually agreed to read!) so I can read him his bedtime stories. He curls up against my side and actually sits still and lets me rub his hand and play with his hair! I wouldn't trade that time for anything!

3. Bulldozer nicknamed our wee little one "Turtle" one day and it has just stuck! I suppose he really does resemble a turtle when he's laying on his tummy with his neck stretched out so he can see around him. :)

4. Breastfeeding hasn't been easy but I've been able to continue nursing before the wee one's bedtime and once during our mid afternoon nap ... another luxury I wouldn't change for the world!

5. Yesterday our toddler was trying to tell us about an experience and we just weren't getting it. He kept saying "Buppy" and "Baba" which are his words for my Dad and bottles (or trucks!) respectively. I asked him if he meant that he had seen a truck with Grandpa? "NO!" I asked him if Grandpa had given him a bottle? "NO!" Apologizing for my ignorance I could see how much he wanted me to understand. This has to be the cutest thing I've ever seen: He says "Buppy" (my Dad - his Grandpa), followed by "Baaah" (the sound a sheep makes, I mean obviously even he knows that!) and then he acts out petting an animal by stroking the air with his hand! I finally got it! My Dad had taken him to the mall to pick out his birthday present almost a month ago and they had a farm indoors for the Easter holidays. Bulldozer fell in love with the sheep and my Dad picked him up so he could pet the sheep! Thus explaining the sequence: "Buppy" "Baaah" and the gentle petting of the air! :)

6. Watching my Husband with the kids. It reminds me how wonderful of a dad he is!

7. The wee little one's smile. He has the most contagious of smiles and no matter how bad of a mood I'm in, it instantly lifts my spirits when he smiles at me!

Obviously there are so many more but those were the ones that were on my mind ! A good night to all.

No comments: